Divorce Rate in India
The divorce rate in India is so low – about 13 in 1,000 marriages, against 500 in 1,000 marriages in the UK – that it arguably looks fishy.
Acquittal Rate in 498a Cases
The acquittal rate in 498a (Dowry Harassment) Cases is very high. The acquittal rate in all other IPC cases stands at 59.20%.
Rape Case Acquittal Rate
In 2010, 14,263 cases of rape were decided, with the accused being acquitted in 10,475 cases, or 73.4%. Only 26.6% accused were convicted.
Acquittal Rate in Dowry Death
The acquittal rate in Dowry Death cases is very high because Police treats the even death of married women in accident as dowry death.
This article answers the most common questions on India’s Domestic Violence Act. Know your rights and understand how to…March 20, 2017
For an ordinary non-legal person, which most of men are prior to filing of dowry related cases against...February 7, 2017
This article answers the quintessential question in mind of most men who are fed up with their marriage and…January 6, 2017
The subject of cross-examination is one of vital importance in the conduct of law cases because only it...December 28, 2016
Anyone who is undergoing fake dowry case, his wife has misused IPC 498A or Domestic Violence against him &…December 23, 2016
Welcome to Shoneekapoor.com
To use an oft repeated cliche – some people are born activists, some grow to be and on some activism is forced upon. I fall in last category. I don’t claim to be an activist or anything, but as with labels it is difficult to get away from.
Some years back, I was sucked into the labyrinth of Indian Matrimonial laws and a false 498a in particular. To be fair, before it hit me, it was difficult for me to fathom the wide spread misuse of dowry laws and specially 498a in India. I was working with a software company and had not seen the inside of the police station or court room till that day.
As I progressed in my cases, I increasingly found that odds are loaded against men in general, whether it was to be assumed guilty till proven otherwise, access to the child, maintenance laws or even the innocuous law of divorce, which on the face of it is equal for both sexes. But, as they say, “if you don’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you’ve lost.” I set about fighting back, so there was no other option but to fight-back.
Why this website?
The site is a work in progress and all efforts are being taken to provide relevant and updated information. However, it is strongly urged that you use the information after due deliberation with a legal expert of your choice. The owner of this site does not take any responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by the user of this site.
“ Whoever, being the husband or the relative of the husband of a woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine
For the purpose of this section, “cruelty” means—
(a) any wilful conduct which is of such a nature as is likely to drive the woman to commit suicide or to cause grave injury or danger to life, limb or health (whether mental or physical) of the woman; or
(b) harassment of the woman where such harassment is with a view to coercing her or any person related to her to meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable security or is on account of failure by her or any person related to her to meet such demand.”
Find out more
Sections 498 A and 406 of Indian Penal Code, 1860 and Section 438 of Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 – petitioners sought anticipatory bail for offence punishable under Sections 498 A and 406 – whether counsel who appeared on behalf of complainant heard in matter or not – for offences which committed against society State is only party which has to prosecute accused before Court of law – Section 438 does not contemplate any hearing given to complainant party in police case – complainant can assist Public Prosecutor when proceedings conducted at stage of inquiry, trial or appeal – precedent referred – held, complainant has no right to be heard in applications seeking anticipatory bail.February 12, 2017
Smt. Rani Nigam, Sitapur Public Authority State Bank of India, Lucknow Vs. Shri A K Saxena, CM (Admin.) and Shri Yogesh Kumar, Mgr.
In a landmark order, the Central Information Commission has ruled that CCTV footage of a public place is in the public domain and cannot be denied to a citizen.November 4, 2016
- May 22, 2016
- May 22, 2016
- May 22, 2016
- May 22, 2016
Court: Supreme Court of India
In view of the provisions of Section 468 Code of CrPC, DV complaint could be filed only within a period of one year from the date of the incident in view of the provisions of Sections 28 and 32 of the Act 2005 read with Rule 15(6) of The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Rules, 2006May 22, 2016
- May 22, 2016
- May 22, 2016
- May 5, 2016
Shonee in Media
Template of Tax Evasion Petition (TEP)April 15, 2016
Template for RTI for TEPApril 15, 2016
Template for First AppealApril 15, 2016
Waiver of CostsApril 15, 2016
Application for preservation of Call Detail Records (CDRs)April 15, 2016
Application for publishing summons in daily newspaperApril 15, 2016
Restoration u/s 151 CPCApril 15, 2016
Perjury- u/s 340 CrPC r/w 195 IPCApril 15, 2016
Application for release of passportApril 15, 2016
Application on behalf of Plaintiff for seeking early hearingApril 15, 2016
- Hello Shonee sir, I just want to thank you :-). I have battled usual fake matrimonial cases and your comments, suggestions and feedback on various forums to various people really helped me while preparing for my battle and winning the battle (if one calls defending well as winning), also you were kind to answer my emails. Really appreciate the good work you are doing and thanks again :-)
- The crystal clear advise and no-nonsense approach of Mr. Shonee Kapoor has helped me quite a lot in my fight against my ex-wife and her family. Not only has he fought his own cases with aplomb but helped many like me, who are honoured to have him as Friend, Philosopher and Guide.
- Thanks a lot. Due to your website, so many brothers have saved their life after reading useful information they came out of fear & suicidal tendencies. Thanks lot for your work & support.
- Sahodar meetings are the most important & result oriented for the people who are trapped into these Gender Baised Laws. Guidance and advice of Respected Shonee Kapoor sir is truly excellence at par. Sahodar helps me to understand law well and becomes a ray of hope to fight well of mine cases. "Less Activisms, More solution..!!
~Harish Kumar, CA
- The quality of advice of Mr. Shonee Kapoor is unmatched in matrimonial cases. His advice to me on Perjury has helped me close my case on my own terms. I wish him Good luck in his endeavours and may God bless him.
- I met Shoneeji during a men’s right meeting and he gave me a patient hearing. Even though I am not from Delhi, he kept guiding me on email and phone as I was fighting my own cases. Today, I am a free man with no case on me or my family. I owe a big thanks to Shoneeji for his timely advice and guidance.
~P.V. Subba Reddy