Divorce Rate in India
The divorce rate in India is so low – about 13 in 1,000 marriages, against 500 in 1,000 marriages in the UK – that it arguably looks fishy.
Acquittal Rate in 498a Cases
The acquittal rate in 498a (Dowry Harassment) Cases is very high. The acquittal rate in all other IPC cases stands at 59.20%.
Rape Case Acquittal Rate
In 2010, 14,263 cases of rape were decided, with the accused being acquitted in 10,475 cases, or 73.4%. Only 26.6% accused were convicted.
Acquittal Rate in Dowry Death
The acquittal rate in Dowry Death cases is very high because Police treats the even death of married women in accident as dowry death.
An article summarizing how the advent of marital rape law would affect the families in India and why feminists…October 3, 2017
A NO IS A NO ONLY WHEN COMMUNICATED Ever since Mahmood Farooqui was set free by Delhi High Court,...September 27, 2017
Court:CALCUTTA HIGH COURT
Lived together with husband for only 7 days, and was unable to justify cause for living…September 22, 2017
Court:ANDHRA PRADESH HIGH COURT
Wife abandoned company of husband without reasonable cause and filed 498A and CrPC 125, Desertion Proved….September 22, 2017
This article tries to explain how a Muslim Man can get Divorce in India post Triple Talaq Judgment of…September 18, 2017
Welcome to Shoneekapoor.com
To use an oft repeated cliche – some people are born activists, some grow to be and on some activism is forced upon. I fall in last category. I don’t claim to be an activist or anything, but as with labels it is difficult to get away from.
Some years back, I was sucked into the labyrinth of Indian Matrimonial laws and a false 498a in particular. To be fair, before it hit me, it was difficult for me to fathom the wide spread misuse of dowry laws and specially 498a in India. I was working with a software company and had not seen the inside of the police station or court room till that day.
As I progressed in my cases, I increasingly found that odds are loaded against men in general, whether it was to be assumed guilty till proven otherwise, access to the child, maintenance laws or even the innocuous law of divorce, which on the face of it is equal for both sexes. But, as they say, “if you don’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you’ve lost.” I set about fighting back, so there was no other option but to fight-back.
Why this website?
The site is a work in progress and all efforts are being taken to provide relevant and updated information. However, it is strongly urged that you use the information after due deliberation with a legal expert of your choice. The owner of this site does not take any responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by the user of this site.
“ Whoever, being the husband or the relative of the husband of a woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine
For the purpose of this section, “cruelty” means—
(a) any wilful conduct which is of such a nature as is likely to drive the woman to commit suicide or to cause grave injury or danger to life, limb or health (whether mental or physical) of the woman; or
(b) harassment of the woman where such harassment is with a view to coercing her or any person related to her to meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable security or is on account of failure by her or any person related to her to meet such demand.”
Find out more
Court:KERALA HIGH COURT
One month’s imprisonment for each month default is not sole criteria which governs Court for imposing maximum punishment to the Husband Court has to exercise its discretion judicially in fixing quantum of punishment.November 20, 2017
Court:ALLAHABAD HIGH COURT
Wife wilfully disobeys directions given by Court in decree for restitution of conjugal rights cannot claim maintenance allowance from her husband.November 20, 2017
Court:KARNATAKA HIGH COURT
Daughter-in-law as well as Grandson cannot claim maintenance from father in Law and Grandfather under Section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code.November 20, 2017
Court:ANDHRA PRADESH HIGH COURT
Daughter-in-law cannot claim maintenance from her father-in-law under Section 125. Indeed, lady would be entitled to maintenance if any in share of property of her late husband.November 17, 2017
Court:ALLAHABAD HIGH COURT
Date of payment of maintenance should normally be from the date of order and sufficient reaso should be given if awarded from date of application.November 17, 2017
Court:ORISSA HIGH COURT
No specific instances of ill-treatment to Wife by Husband. No evidence to show that Wife apprehended danger to her life if she would live with her husband. Maintenance order against Husband liable to be set aside — However, maintenance in favour of Son maintained.November 17, 2017
Court:BOMBAY HIGH COURT
Once a Consolidated Amount is agreed upon and paid by the Husband, The Wife Cannot Claim Periodical Maintenance .November 17, 2017
Court:MADHYA PRADESH HIGH COURT
If there is Compromise between Parties the Recovery Proceedings Deserve to be Dropped.November 17, 2017
Court:MADRAS HIGH COURT
Order of maintenance made — Matter compromised — Lived together for some time. Cannot execute the order of maintenance — No order of cancellation.November 17, 2017
Court:KERALA HIGH COURT
Civil Court liable to take into account order of maintenance competent to pass under Section 125, Cr.P.C. while considering claim for maintenance in civil suit.November 17, 2017
Shonee in Media
This is a sample WILL or TestamentOctober 29, 2017
This is a sample application presented by both parties, Husband and Wife, to the Court for filing their First Motion in a Mutual Consent Divorce proceedingOctober 25, 2017
This is a sample of memorandum of understanding between husband and wife in a mutual divorce proceedingOctober 25, 2017
Application to Release of Passport and Revocation of LOC – RCN etcAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample of application to Exemption from Personal PresenceAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample of application to District and Sessions Judge to Club All CasesAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample format of application to District and Sessions Judge to close Criminal CaseAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample format of application to CAW and CC to District Legal ServicesAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample format of application for seeking court permission for renewal of passport from courts in India.May 29, 2017
This is a sample format of application for Travel Permission from courts in India.May 29, 2017
- I met Shoneeji during a men’s right meeting and he gave me a patient hearing. Even though I am not from Delhi, he kept guiding me on email and phone as I was fighting my own cases. Today, I am a free man with no case on me or my family. I owe a big thanks to Shoneeji for his timely advice and guidance.
~P.V. Subba Reddy
- Thanks a lot. Due to your website, so many brothers have saved their life after reading useful information they came out of fear & suicidal tendencies. Thanks lot for your work & support.
- The crystal clear advise and no-nonsense approach of Mr. Shonee Kapoor has helped me quite a lot in my fight against my ex-wife and her family. Not only has he fought his own cases with aplomb but helped many like me, who are honoured to have him as Friend, Philosopher and Guide.
- The quality of advice of Mr. Shonee Kapoor is unmatched in matrimonial cases. His advice to me on Perjury has helped me close my case on my own terms. I wish him Good luck in his endeavours and may God bless him.
- Sahodar meetings are the most important & result oriented for the people who are trapped into these Gender Baised Laws. Guidance and advice of Respected Shonee Kapoor sir is truly excellence at par. Sahodar helps me to understand law well and becomes a ray of hope to fight well of mine cases. "Less Activisms, More solution..!!
~Harish Kumar, CA
- Hello Shonee sir, I just want to thank you :-). I have battled usual fake matrimonial cases and your comments, suggestions and feedback on various forums to various people really helped me while preparing for my battle and winning the battle (if one calls defending well as winning), also you were kind to answer my emails. Really appreciate the good work you are doing and thanks again :-)