Divorce Rate in India
The divorce rate in India is so low – about 13 in 1,000 marriages, against 500 in 1,000 marriages in the UK – that it arguably looks fishy.
Acquittal Rate in 498a Cases
The acquittal rate in 498a (Dowry Harassment) Cases is very high. The acquittal rate in all other IPC cases stands at 59.20%.
Rape Case Acquittal Rate
In 2010, 14,263 cases of rape were decided, with the accused being acquitted in 10,475 cases, or 73.4%. Only 26.6% accused were convicted.
Acquittal Rate in Dowry Death
The acquittal rate in Dowry Death cases is very high because Police treats the even death of married women in accident as dowry death.
498A – FEMINISTS LOOK AT IT FROM THE WRONG END OF TELESCOPE I have watched the feminist reaction after...August 9, 2017
Impact of new 498A Judgment on victims of misuse of 498A and how victims can benefit from the same.July 31, 2017
SC acknowledges misuse of IPC 498A and issues fresh guidelines to curb misuse by disgruntled wivesJuly 28, 2017
Impotency in Matrimony Impotency in general language refers to the state of mind or body which makes sexual act...July 25, 2017
Procedure/ Steps of 498A Complaint at CAW Cell/ Mahila Thana/ Parivar Pramarsh Kendra: This is the first step...July 9, 2017
Welcome to Shoneekapoor.com
To use an oft repeated cliche – some people are born activists, some grow to be and on some activism is forced upon. I fall in last category. I don’t claim to be an activist or anything, but as with labels it is difficult to get away from.
Some years back, I was sucked into the labyrinth of Indian Matrimonial laws and a false 498a in particular. To be fair, before it hit me, it was difficult for me to fathom the wide spread misuse of dowry laws and specially 498a in India. I was working with a software company and had not seen the inside of the police station or court room till that day.
As I progressed in my cases, I increasingly found that odds are loaded against men in general, whether it was to be assumed guilty till proven otherwise, access to the child, maintenance laws or even the innocuous law of divorce, which on the face of it is equal for both sexes. But, as they say, “if you don’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you’ve lost.” I set about fighting back, so there was no other option but to fight-back.
Why this website?
The site is a work in progress and all efforts are being taken to provide relevant and updated information. However, it is strongly urged that you use the information after due deliberation with a legal expert of your choice. The owner of this site does not take any responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by the user of this site.
“ Whoever, being the husband or the relative of the husband of a woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine
For the purpose of this section, “cruelty” means—
(a) any wilful conduct which is of such a nature as is likely to drive the woman to commit suicide or to cause grave injury or danger to life, limb or health (whether mental or physical) of the woman; or
(b) harassment of the woman where such harassment is with a view to coercing her or any person related to her to meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable security or is on account of failure by her or any person related to her to meet such demand.”
Find out more
Section 498A was inserted in the statute with the laudable object of punishing cruelty at the hands of husband or his relatives against a wife. Many of such complaints are not bona fide. At the time of filing of the complaint, implications and consequences are not visualized. At times such complaints lead to uncalled for harassment not only to the accused but also to the complainant. Uncalled for arrest may ruin the chances of settlement. Violation of human rights of innocent cannot be brushed aside; directions given to prevent the misuse of Section 498AJuly 28, 2017
- May 28, 2017
- April 19, 2017
Sections 498 A and 406 of Indian Penal Code, 1860 and Section 438 of Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 – petitioners sought anticipatory bail for offence punishable under Sections 498 A and 406 – whether counsel who appeared on behalf of complainant heard in matter or not – for offences which committed against society State is only party which has to prosecute accused before Court of law – Section 438 does not contemplate any hearing given to complainant party in police case – complainant can assist Public Prosecutor when proceedings conducted at stage of inquiry, trial or appeal – precedent referred – held, complainant has no right to be heard in applications seeking anticipatory bail.February 12, 2017
Smt. Rani Nigam, Sitapur Public Authority State Bank of India, Lucknow Vs. Shri A K Saxena, CM (Admin.) and Shri Yogesh Kumar, Mgr.
In a landmark order, the Central Information Commission has ruled that CCTV footage of a public place is in the public domain and cannot be denied to a citizen.November 4, 2016
- May 22, 2016
- May 22, 2016
- May 22, 2016
- May 22, 2016
Court: Supreme Court of India
In view of the provisions of Section 468 Code of CrPC, DV complaint could be filed only within a period of one year from the date of the incident in view of the provisions of Sections 28 and 32 of the Act 2005 read with Rule 15(6) of The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Rules, 2006May 22, 2016
Shonee in Media
Application to Release of Passport and Revocation of LOC – RCN etcAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample of application to Exemption from Personal PresenceAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample of application to District and Sessions Judge to Club All CasesAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample format of application to District and Sessions Judge to close Criminal CaseAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample format of application to CAW and CC to District Legal ServicesAugust 1, 2017
This is a sample format of application for seeking court permission for renewal of passport from courts in India.May 29, 2017
This is a sample format of application for Travel Permission from courts in India.May 29, 2017
This is a sample of 65B certificate for audio recordings/ video recordings. This can be used for any recordings done in Mobile Phones as well.April 7, 2017
Template for 65B of Indian Evidence Act to be used for Electronic Documents like Bank Statements, Emails, Chats etc.April 7, 2017
Template of Tax Evasion Petition (TEP)April 15, 2016
- Sahodar meetings are the most important & result oriented for the people who are trapped into these Gender Baised Laws. Guidance and advice of Respected Shonee Kapoor sir is truly excellence at par. Sahodar helps me to understand law well and becomes a ray of hope to fight well of mine cases. "Less Activisms, More solution..!!
~Harish Kumar, CA
- The crystal clear advise and no-nonsense approach of Mr. Shonee Kapoor has helped me quite a lot in my fight against my ex-wife and her family. Not only has he fought his own cases with aplomb but helped many like me, who are honoured to have him as Friend, Philosopher and Guide.
- Thanks a lot. Due to your website, so many brothers have saved their life after reading useful information they came out of fear & suicidal tendencies. Thanks lot for your work & support.
- Hello Shonee sir, I just want to thank you :-). I have battled usual fake matrimonial cases and your comments, suggestions and feedback on various forums to various people really helped me while preparing for my battle and winning the battle (if one calls defending well as winning), also you were kind to answer my emails. Really appreciate the good work you are doing and thanks again :-)
- I met Shoneeji during a men’s right meeting and he gave me a patient hearing. Even though I am not from Delhi, he kept guiding me on email and phone as I was fighting my own cases. Today, I am a free man with no case on me or my family. I owe a big thanks to Shoneeji for his timely advice and guidance.
~P.V. Subba Reddy
- The quality of advice of Mr. Shonee Kapoor is unmatched in matrimonial cases. His advice to me on Perjury has helped me close my case on my own terms. I wish him Good luck in his endeavours and may God bless him.